Saturday, September 22, 2007

#13 Tagging and Discover Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us, I believe can be very useful. I went throught my favorites on my work computer and added the bookmarks that I may want to use at home. When I have a chance, I will do the same at home. In the future, I will add all bookmarks to this site. Tagging can be very useful, but it is also very subjective. One person may think something should be filed by one heading and someone else may select something completely different. I think I may suggest opening a del.icio.us account that the Joppa librarian's can all use on the 3 information desk computers. I'll see what they think. As far as useful as a reference tool, it is very similar to Rollyo and could be used the same way as I suggested there.
There is a list of library systems who use del.icio.us which I looked at. I didn't see the point of looking at their sites, but found one thing interesting. One of these systems was doing an online survey of their customers/patrons about how they like the way their website is. Working at BCPL for quite a few years and here, neither system has ever done such a survey to my knowledge. I am sure it is quite work intensive, but would be quite productive also.

No comments: