Sunday, September 30, 2007

#23 Summarize your thoughts about this program and learn more about where to go from here

1.What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I liked learning about bloglines. I haven't had the opportunity to return and see what new things are on the different blogs that I made feeds for. I really like Library Thing. I want to add all my knitting books to mine. Del.icio.us will be very useful. I want to also put it on my home computer so I can add my favorites there to it and have access at both locations I mainly use a computer. I liked learning about Merlin. I will use this alot to see what new things I can learn.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
That I still can learn new things and keep on task until I finish. I guess I should try somethings a little longer before giving up and seeking someone to help me. I learned a lot as I proceeded through the different parts. I don't know how much I will remember. I have been helping my supervisor also and I do remember how I did different things. I was a teacher before I became a professional librarian. I love the teaching aspect of librarianship. I was a school librarian and liked teaching library skills. This makes me want to teach some of this to someone.

3. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least… The format and concept are good. So much of it was trial and error. Yes, the different things had directions, but not always good enough directions for those people who really do have trouble with technology. I don't have that much trouble with technoloy, but with this, there were times I got stuck I know that another state designed this and Maryland piggybacked it, but each county could have taken a section of it and tested it to see what difficulties individuals would have and designed a faq section or listed notes that a certain section might prove to be difficult. There should have been more instruction for doing it. Not left us out in the wind. If it hadn't been for Annette Gaskins who came to my rescue quite a few times, I probably wouldn't have finished. There were times I emailed for help and did not receive a response. I would then email Annette and she would come to my rescue. It wasn't until today when I discovered there were comments on some of my posts giving me answers to my questions or difficulties. Somehow we should have been told to check back fot comments to have our questions answered.
4. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again choose to participate? Yes, I would participate.
5. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes It was a good learning experience. We were told it was only 45 minutes a week. It took hours to do some of these sections. We were allowed to play. Some of it was just that - play and I am glad there was time to play. Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

2 comments:

Duckedout said...

Hi
I haven't read all your blog yet but here in Melbourne Australia we are doing the Learning2.0 program and your blog caught my eye as I was doing the Technorati task. I too am a knitter. I have only picked it up again after a few years too busy or just lazy
Duckedout

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.