Saturday, September 29, 2007

#21 Discover some useful tools for locating podcasts

I looked at Podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts. I liked Yahoo best. There are some great things out there. I used to watch soaps and there are some that I wouldn't mind listening to. I found a Meet the Press podcast with Tim Russert. I thought Yahoo Podcasts was more general for librarians. Podcast.net had a lot of academic type podcasts, where a public librarian would enjoy more of those indexed on Yahoo Podcasts. Library Channel and Mr. Nice Guy would be fun and interesting. I added both of these to my bloglines account. I found a podcast about uses of Web 2.0. Podcasts could be very useful to teachers. Librarians also. I liked the way Denver Public Library and Kinkakee Public Library in Illinois had different podcasts. Kinkakee Public Library had an interview with Linda Lowry the author of The Giver. I want to return to it at some point and listen to it. Denver had people reading books. I may tell my friend with a three year old about them.
What did I find most useful? All the free educational podcasts one can use. There is alot of stuff out there I wouldn't take the time to listen to such as radio shows with vulgar conversations and jokes.

No comments: