Sunday, September 30, 2007

#22 Learn about Audiobooks

I did subscribe to NetLibrary, but HCPL will be dropping this shortly. I tried subscribing to Overdrive, but it wouldn't let me. I guess I have to go to a public computer when we are open. I did see different books which I would like to subscribe to. My supervisor is learning Spanish and I saw titles she could listen to. Overdrive has a lot more Juvenile and YA books. I was extremely disappointed when I looked at the choices on NetLibrary. I often listen to J and YA books on tape or CD. This will be a good alternative to CD and tapes when often the book I am looking for is not on tape or CD and perhaps is available in this manner.
The Gutenberg Project has a lot of high brow titles that I have never heard of.
The proof-reading aspect of Gutenberg was interesting.
I will wait until I earn my MP3 player to download anything.

No comments: